Meetings and Tours
- On October 2 & 3, 2013, please join us in Tipton, Kansas for the first KSSRM-KGLC joint meeting which will include and informative soil health presentation, lunch and tour of 1872 homestead ranch overlooking the Blue Hills range. Highlights include the business meeting, KSSRM-KGLC visions, and a tour of Ringneck Ranch. More information and registration form.
- Join us on Thursday, October 25th, for an informative poster session, lunch, and a tour of the largest inland marsh in the United States, all at the Kansas Wetlands Education Center. Highlights of the meeting will include the business meeting, High School Youth Forum Presentations, a poster session, lunch, and a tour of Cheyenne Bottoms! Click here for more information and the registration form.
Call for presentation posters for the 2012 KS SRM fall meeting:
If you would like to present a poster during the fall meeting, please submit a short (less than 300 words or so) summarizing abstract by October 10, 2012. Send your abstract to Jordge LaFantasie at:
Dept. of Biological Sciences
600 Park St.
Hays, KS 67601
Poster session abstracts and meeting agenda
- The spring business meeting of the Kansas Section for the Society for Range Management will take place concurrently with the Kansas Natural Resource Conference (KNRC) at the Airport Hilton in Wichita, January 26-27, 2012. The business meeting begins at 4:30 pm on January 26th in Consulate II following the job fair and plenary session. Meeting agenda in PDF format.
For more information about the KNRC, visit their website at http://www.kansasnrc.org/
- The Kansas Section for the Society for Range Management will have a fall meeting Thursday, October 27, 2011. The meeting will begin at Kansas State University's Salina campus at 10:30 A.M. All members and anyone interested in learning about SRM are invited to attend. Meeting details, including directions to the Salina campus, in PDF format.
- A meeting of the Kansas Section of the Society for Range Management will be held January 20, 2011 at 4:30 PM in Wichita, KS. The meeting will be at the Airport Hilton, 2098 Airport Road as part of the Kansas Natural Resource Conference. You do not need to attend the conference to attend the KS-SRM meeting. Anyone interested in managing rangelands is invited to attend. Signs will be posted in the Hilton to direct you to the meeting.
- The Kansas Section for the Society for Range Management will have a fall meeting and tour Friday, October 1, 2010. The meeting will begin at the Manhattan Plant Materials Center at 10:00 A.M. A tour of the Plant Materials Center will be held in the morning. A tour of the Konza Prairie Biological Station will be held from 1:00 – 4:00 P.M. Please bring a sack lunch. All members and anyone interested in learning about SRM are invited to attend. Meeting details in PDF format.
A meeting of the Kansas Section of the Society for Range Management will be held February 4, 2010 in Wichita, KS. The meeting will be at the Airport Hilton, 2098 Airport Road as part of the Kansas Natural Resource Conference.
- A joint meeting of the Kansas and Oklahoma Sections of the Society for Range Management will be held October 7-8, 2009 in Alva, Oklahoma. There will be tours of sites in south-central Kansas and north-central Oklahoma. Print the PDF registration form and mail it as soon as possible. Pre-registration deadline is October 1. Meeting and lodging details in PDF format.
- The Kansas Section will hold a separate meeting on October 6th. The location is the Incubator Room at the NW Technology Center in Alva. Time will be 7:00 pm.
- CRP Prescribed Burning Workshops:
Nov. 5 Sharon Springs
Nov. 6 Bird City
Nov. 12 Stockton
Nov. 17 Norton
Nov. 18 Tribune
Nov. 19 Garden City
Dec. 1 Elkhart
Dec. 3 Dodge City
- The Kansas Section of the Society for Range Management will meet in Hays, KS on Thursday, November 13th. A business meeting will be held from 10:30 to noon at the Golden
Corral, with lunch following the meeting. In the afternoon, there will be a tour of the research projects at Fort Hays State University and at the K-State Ag Research Center.
- 2008 Range Schools - "Principles of Rangeland Management - Grass and Animal Ecology in Kansas - Fire and Its Role in Management"
Sponsored by the Kansas Grazing Lands Coalition
East School - August 12-14, White Memorial Camp, Morris County
West School—August 19-21, Camp Aldrich, Barton County
For information and registration forms, see the Kansas Grazing Lands Coalition web site
- Kansas Section, Society for Range Management will hold a meeting at 3:00 PM on November 15, 2007 in Call Hall, Room 140 on the
Kansas State University campus in Manhattan.
A number of individuals will give updates on their range related research efforts. At the conclusion of the presentations Charlie Lee
will conduct a section business meeting.
- Spring 2007 Kansas SRM chapter meeting and tour will be held June 7 and 8 at Beloit, Kansas. The business meeting and supper will be 6:00-9:00 PM June 7th
at El Peurto's Mexican Restaurant, Junction Hwy 24 and 14. The Rangeland Tour on June 8th will visit the Calvin Adams operation near Barnard, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM, and will include long-term rangeland monitoring, legume interseeding, and brome conversion (rangeland to brome).
- The Kansas Section Annual Meeting will be held in Manhattan, Kansas at the Plant Materials Center at 10:00 am on Saturday, September 30th.
A tour of the Konza Prairie will take place after lunch at around 1:30 and at 3:30 pm a tour of the Runnels Range Research facilities will follow.
Directions to the Plant Materials Center are available at the following link: http://plant-materials.nrcs.usda.gov/kspmc/about.html
- Spring 2006 Kansas SRM chapter meeting April 28 and 29 at Garden City, Kansas. The business meeting will be at Finnup Center
for Conservation Education, 312 East Finnup (near the zoo exit), from 4pm to 6 pm. Dinner will be on your own. A tour of the Oasis Ranch
will follow on Saturday from 8:30 to 11:00. Topics to be viewed and discussed are landownership arrangements, sand sage prairie management
for wildlife, federal programs assistance with rangeland management and research needs to return cropland to sandsage as water levels decrease.
Last Modified: September 4, 2013